Sunday, 21 August 2011

moving in & sneak peek

paper villas no.1sitting room
things are moving into no.1 Paper Villas my little alternate home (and holiday project)..... still a few things to come, like a painting for that left hand wall..... the knitted rug is a darker purple than appears here. The furniture is all vintage dolls house pieces I have bought. The curtains are made using my own little harlequin design printed on to fabric.

paper villas no.1-bedroom wip

upstairs, a simple bedroom - I am keeping this unpainted and quiet to contrast with the richness of downstairs... I am working many tiny stitches into the little eiderdown quilt....

I am already thinking about other rooms, in other little houses, some time.....

neighbourhood (cover)

And here is a sneak peek - the cover of my newest book - it will be out on September 1st - neighbourhood 

Yes is it was going to be novembermoon - but then a series of new paintings and sketches 'happened' in recent weeks and this is the result.....The paintings are of imagined, dream-like, twilight-lit places.....

I am very happy with this one. I'll share some more pages as we get nearer to launch!

Hope you are having a good August - now we are already over halfway.... thanks always for your comments.

8 comments:

glimmering prize said...

so sweet, i wish i could move in.

Momo Luna said...

Oh how i love this paper villa! a lot.... it seems i'm always to late for the zines.... But i'm checking out for the book.
Sweet greetz to you.

ersi marina said...

So beautiful! I particularly like the bedroom, I wish it was mine :)

PeregrineBlue said...

there is something about doll houses that i have always loved. while growing up in england, i would always make a purpose of walking to my friend lisa's house just to play with hers for hours. it was an old victorian doll house that had a door on the front that opened. what a delightful one you have created cathy and the furniture is beautiful. enjoy the process. maybe one of your little people can reside there?

Elizabeth Bauman said...

So loving the house! The cover of your book is lovely.

theweightofdreams said...

such an exciting project :-)
you always exceed yourself!
just beautiful.

helena said...

Beautiful!
I like very much the way you work. You pick up something and go into it, and develop it... Your work is very succesfull!!
Congratulations

Carola Zajdman said...

Cathy this little house is so great, love the fireplace, everything is so beautiful !! Congrats !