Tuesday, 16 August 2011

no.1 Paper Villas

no. 1 Paper Villas - interior wip

no. 1 Paper Villas - wip

papier mache house

Apologies for no Mosaic Monday this week - a bumper one next.... happy Tuesday to you and hope your week has started well.

This is a personal project of mine that I am working on.... Last December I made this paper house, using papier mache and pages from old novels...

Now I am finally getting to work on the interior.... The house has two rooms, a sitting room and upstairs a bedroom. I have a a few pieces of vintage dolls house furniture that suit quite nicely but will make the rest myself. Curtains, rugs, picture, knick-knacks. But not too cluttered. I want to keep the primitive feel of the house.

Perhaps there may be neighbours in the future, but for now I am happy to be spending a little time decorating no.1 Paper Villas

12 comments:

Elizabeth Bauman said...

I adore the house and particularly like seeing it lit from within. So cozy.

The Ponycats said...

Hi!

I really like it, i love that is made from old novels<3

cant wait to see it finished(:
}
Hope you re having a lovely week full of fun projects and banana cookies(;

Carmila Ponycat

mamabeaks said...

I really love this. It is so cozy all lit up!

Enchanted Blue Planet said...

the wonky quality of the house and its interiors, the way the daylight moves through the room lends themselves to the dream landscape you do so well, Cathy. It reminds me of your caravan from last year.

Ludid said...

it reminds me of my dad's art studio/house. simple and warm.

Shelley Lane Kommers said...

i love this! it looks so beautiful at night.

susie said...

I love the paper villa. It harkens to my childhood when we would make cardboard houses for our Little Kittels.

Hedera said...

Your little house is charming Cathy - I'm also taken straight back to my childhood :)

grrl + dog said...

I just watched "science of sleep" for the second time, and here your house is, likeit was right out of the movie..

beautiful.

roofing contractor fort worth, tx said...

Sometimes it may be possible for you to do your own repairs if they are minor or get someone to do it for you. If you can afford to repair the house yourself, then it becomes much easier to sell the house roofing fort worth tx

Erin said...

I was making a doll house with my daughter last week end and realised that this your house was such a big inspiration which motivate me (even after so many months!). Thank you for making beautiful inspiring things! I thought I must acknowledge and thank you :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/erinswindow/6954642959/in/photostream/

rcontractor said...

I am just looking for this site for so long and i am so thankful to see this site.

Roof Contractors