Thursday, 23 August 2012

character studies, portraits in stitch

visionary
visionary - a character study in embroidery.... a new work, intricate with a touch of gold.... I am particularly happy with her expression. The face is so important to me. If I start a new figure and the face does not 'speak' to me I have to abandon and begin again - that's just the way it is. The many faces of her are quite special, I hope you think. china blue
china blue - also a character study, slightly smaller yet very detailed with her blue and white.... inspired by a classic blue and white you might find on tea cups, or delicate fabrics....but with my own way of telling the story, here the flowers have faces....

( these two new embroidery works for my shop update tomorrow.....)

5 comments:

Polly (nice kind of blue) said...

Cathy, these are beautiful, I love the way you've incorporated little faces into the dresses and the colour.

Cathy Cullis said...

thank you Polly, I appreciate your kind comment.

Anja Brunt said...

Amazing!!!

Hedera said...

Beautiful Cathy - the details in the dresses are lovely. :)

Cathy Cullis said...

thank you!