Friday, 10 January 2014

new paintings

This week I have worked on such a varied, electic mix of work - it's been quite a lively and lovely experience. My aim has been to 1) make new work for my Etsy shop and 2) continue to work on my 'paintings on brown paper' series for a future special show and sale via my Bigcartel shop, starting in February....

So today I thought I would share with you some of the work I have made especially for my Etsy shop. I've returned to favourite themes: figures with a folk art feel, houses and still life. Here's just a few....

 'the old new house'.... mixed media painting


'be true' - a storytelling portrait of dreaming figures.... as always I like you to consider the story or stories within but hope you may enjoy....


handsome folk portrait.... a larger one in my series of 'folk people'....

shop update at 2pm today, many thanks always -

I am offering FREE INSURED SHIPPING on all orders £50 or over. So if you purchase any artwork that is priced £50 or more you will automatically not pay postage. If you purchase a couple or more artworks that add up to over £50 then I will refund the postage to you. Any questions please do ask.

Also, I am happy to once again reserve artworks. Just one at a time, please - for one week. Thanks for your interest and understanding....

I'll be spending the weekend working more on my 'brown paper' sketches and paintings... exploring some more experimental work for myself, drinking tea, reading Sylvia Townsend Warner short stories, watching movies on DVD, listening to lots of music and - if there's time - catching up with the ironing. Have a good one x

2 comments:

eva ucgatwork said...

Cathy, these paintings are amazing. I love to work on brown and recycled paper too. I am always scared by white, crisp and expensive watercolour paper!
eva

Frances Marin said...

These are great! I love the house.