Friday, 5 December 2014

new works

A hint of sunshine arrived this morning - so I have been busy taking photos. Here is a selection of some of the work that will be in my shop updated tomorrow.


three still life paintings - acrylics on linen (with card backing). Each white jug has its own quiet personality, inspired by both folk art and modernist shapes. The paintings have a textured feel, with my aim being to create quiet, thoughtful arrangments.

hyacinths

three feathers

and snowdrops
snowdrops

and perhaps one of my favourite recent figure and colour studies - 



'seated figure in interior' - acrylics on heavy watercolour paper


 two of the embroidery brooches - I chose to feature these today as they both have distinctive tiny faces, I enjoy stitching those tiny-tiny portraits so much. It's a challenge but a happy one.


2 comments:

retriever said...

Lovely, greeting from Belgium

Sonia / Cozy Memories said...

All so beautiful ! You are so productive & creative, my friend ! xoxo