Wednesday, 4 March 2015

embroidery - work in progress

work in progress

work in progress - looking up close and larger than life...... I am beginning to make a new collection of portraits in stitch. Over the next few weeks I hope to make a variety of pieces.

As it has been a while since I've offered new embroidery, and I like to have the chance to consider and photograph work as a group for my own reference, I am not selling ahead of my next shop update and I am not reserving any pieces. (Once the shop update is live then yes I am happy to reserve a piece, by request.) I think this is the fairest and less stressful approach - so I can focus on making my finest work and hope you will enjoy seeing. Thank you for your understanding.

I hope to share a few more glimpses over the next few weeks.

Meanwhile, I am still editing my zine - it's always a time-consuming project to take on but I am liking the feel and shape of it so far.

6 comments:

Yve said...

That's so lovely :o)

Jess said...

It looks absolutely gorgeous and you say this is bigger than lifesize? Wow such detailing! I really love the inventiveness in your embroidery pictures.
Jess xx

Amelia said...

What a fantastic shot too!

Helmi said...

Looks great!!!

uphilldowndale said...

Beautiful, what fabric do you use for a piece like this?

Cathy Cullis said...

uphilldowndale asked what fabric I use: I use a fine linen fabric and I dye it by hand before stitching

thanks for all your kind comments!