Thursday, 16 April 2015

new

embroidery portrait

an embroidery portrait - oval in design. Her skirt has many tiny-tiny faces in sky blue. The colours of this piece have come from looking at Gainsborough paintings and the sunny days we have enjoyed recently.

walking figure

again, inspired by colours found in Gainsborough paintings - but combined with my own interest in abstraction: 'walking figure'. This is a smaller portrait at just 12.5cm x 9.5cm

These are just two of the several artworks that will be in my shop next Wednesday. I hope to share more new work with you over the days ahead, please bear with me as I complete the details, work carefully on new ideas and take photographs. I am enjoying this fresh selection with spring colours and more.

3 comments:

Enchanted Blue Planet said...

so beautiful, Cathy, so beautiful

Sue Marrazzo said...

awesome!

Jess said...

I absolutely love your embroidery!
Jess xx