Wednesday, 10 June 2015

drawings on vintage postcards and more

gouache drawings on vintage postcards

gouache drawings on vintage postcards

pencil portrait on vintage postcard

pencil portrait on vintage postcard

hothouse I & II

hothouse I & II
gouache drawings on paper


I have enjoyed working on new drawings over the past few weeks - especially discovering the pleasure of drawing on vintage postcards. Having spent some time looking through my humble collection of cards I realised there could be something to drawing on them.... and so you see. I have not used gouache so very much in my work, in recent months. I have attempted to paint in gouache and just felt unhappy with my process/outcomes. But now drawing with gouache feels just so, just right. So it's not the medium, it's the medium!

These works and more will all be in my shop at about 7pm this evening. As always I am happy to reserve an artwork, once the shop is updated. Any questions please do ask. Thanks always for your comments here.

No comments: