Friday, 19 June 2015

in deeper woods

in deeper woods series - a trio

a series of paintings - acrylics on linen (on card).... small portraits, figures within lush deep dark woodland....

I much prefer a woodland walk to a crowded beach. The phrase 'in deeper woods' comes from a poem I wrote recently, part of my 'summer notebook', and I will post the poem over at my writing blog over the weekend.

Meanwhile, here is a close up of one of the tiny figure portraits. There will be several of this series available in my shop next week.

tiny portrait (in deeper woods series)

this tiny work measures 8.5cm x 6.5cm - acrylics on linen (on card). As with most of my smaller works on linen they are best placed in a frame with space around the work - floating style. I know I am not alone in enjoying looking for older frames to re-use, but a modern frame will work well too. I hope to blog more about framing work in the near future.

No comments: