Monday, 26 October 2015

mosaic Monday

mosaic Monday

1. Untitled, 2. Still wet, 3. the blue veil (story of a funeral fiend, with butterflies), 4. gato, 5. Herbstfeuer, 6. Untitled, 7. lunch, 24/10, 2015, 8. october patchwork, 9. The river today, 10. ·, 11. Struttura38 - G025, 12. Swinging #inktober, 13. Untitled, 14. STUDIO, 15. Untitled, 16. Collage Fever - Leutnant Gustl/Arthur Schnitzler, 17. nice to meet you!, 18. pumpkin patch, 19. Autumnal Love, 20. Untitled

Created with fd's Flickr Toys

A happy autumnal Monday to you - many thanks to all the artists and photographers featured in this week's mosaic. It's the last week of October and here we are ankle-deep in vibrant autumn leaves and enjoying the fleeting sunshine..... The hot water bottles are filled up each evening, the heating is switched on for a little while, and my thoughts are moving toward winter.

As many other people I have mixed feelings regarding winter. I enjoy seeing the first real frost and the first 'proper snow' - if we get any. I'm happy to see children pulling their sledges along the street - we live in a hilly neighbourhood and have some great slopes! But I do find the dark days difficult at times. I get seasonal adjustment disorder and can struggle a bit, but do have the help of a lightbox and daylight bulbs - and they do help.

So right now I am making the most of any autumn sunshine, charging my batteries in anticipation of winter. I am embracing colour so much these days. For a while I almost avoided colour as if it was something that wasn't 'for me', but I think I understand why I had to do that. Now I want to know more about colour. I've spent several years working by myself and working through things - my work has been evolving and if I hit a 'wall' I have taught myself how to make a turn. Like many artists I feel my working life is a constant apprenticeship and I am always challenging myself because I thrive under a certain amount of pressure. That is why I create projects, but am also open to reinventing ideas and understanding when I need a change of direction.

My November postcards project is a happy challenge indeed - and I am looking forward to sharing more previews of artwork. This week I'll be posting several 'mostly pictures' posts - to share here some of the postcard-sized original paintings that will be in my shop from November 4th.

And this week I'll also be sharing here some of the new stitched works that I am creating and will write a little more about them.

Have a good start to your week and more soon.

No comments: