Friday, 6 November 2015

figgy Friday

black figs (bowl within bowl)


there's no such thing as figgy Friday (as far as I know) but I'm having one anyway.... this morning I've been looking carefully at black figs, their shape and tones, their quirky differences. It's very tempting to eat them as they are ripe and ready to be eaten! I'll eat them soon.... The bowls: the smallest one I made many years ago, a little pinch pot in stoneware. The larger bowl is by a ceramic artist who cannot name right now, my memory is defeated for the moment.

figs in pencil

I've made very quick sketches. A quick expressive pencil sketch is more appealing and helpful to me, I find, then a laboured drawing. But that's just my approach. I'm not a grand-scale painter who labours.... it's all about the moment for me.

Thanks to everyone who has visited my updated shop. I sent a lovely batch of packages yesterday. There will be a few new artworks in my shop next Wednesday. I know the bowls were particularly popular and there will be more soon.....

Have a good weekend

2 comments:

Sonia / Cozy Memories said...

Oh yes, I loved the bowls !! I love everything you make, my friend, that's the honest truth !
xoxo

Velma Bolyard said...

well, figs. i love them. i like your figs, too.