Monday, 16 November 2015

mosaic Monday

mosaic Monday

1. ordine vuoti 2015 Emilio Nanni, 2. Looking at Henry Moore at Tate Britain, 3. Untitled, 4. Mom's weeds, 5. flight DY4313, 13/11, 2015, 6. 1980sm, 7. Untitled, 8. Untitled, 9. strata, 10. #watercolor #stilllife #instaart #insraartist #plants #sketchbook, 11. #atelierseltner, 12. Digbeth, 13. journal-472, 14. time collapse, 15. sphere, 16. artist's easel, 17. Suddenly, 18. Untitled, 19. Untitled, 20. Brunch with Alice Drawing001, 21. Untitled, 22. Misia and Felix, 23. Cité céleste 4, 24. matisse interior with eggplants, 25. riffs

Created with fd's Flickr Toys


Hello to you and thanks always for visiting here - and as always many thanks to the artists and photographers featured in this week's mosaic. Please follow links to discover more. I hope you find some inspiration. So many thoughtful images to discover.

**

Last Friday's events in Paris shook so many of us. I am sure you share my great sadness. This weekend was spent doing useful and creative things at home, being with my family. On hearing terrible news it is all too easy to find one's energy diverted negatively, so I remind myself to be here, now. Much respect to the dignified and wonderful people of Paris.

**

So this week I am once again very busy with new artworks. I am enjoying working on my different yet overlapping projects/practices/ideas. Working with text and stitch together has been a positive thing for me, especially as I am able to make pieces that are both visually interesting and rich with ideas. I feel very fortunate to be following this interesting path right now - and thanks to everyone who has shown an interest in these stitch/text works. Meanwhile, I am continuing to enjoy the challenge of painting most days. Over the past several weeks I have explored a variety of ideas to do with still life painting and have found myself again very 'drawn to' the bowl form. Painting has become more and more a meditative way of working. All that I do right now demands a commitment to focus and trust my way forward.

There will be new artworks in my shop this week. A modest yet lively selection. I'll update at 2pm (Uk time). I may vary the update time in weeks ahead, but for now 2pm seems to be the time that works best. If you have any questions please get in touch.

Hope to share a few previews of new work tomorrow. Have a good start to your week.


No comments: