Tuesday, 24 November 2015

new work

holding, together


holding, together - mixed media on linen

I have been painting - working on a further selection of bowl/vessel studies.... these are intriguing for me, one leading to another. They are based on 'real life observation' yet take on a life of their own. It's possible, I am finding, to work on one and then know the next, almost. Yet there has to be time for reflection and each is quite individual. I work on these quietly, often early in the morning. My working space has daylight bulbs and that extra few hours of light really makes a difference, I am finding.... So below are a few more:



'ancient of days - red earth vessel' - mixed media on linen


'pale and red vessel' - mixed media on linen

I have at least one other painting (yet to be photographed). 

Meanwhile, I have just shared another new text/stitch work over at nevering.


2 comments:

Missouri Bend Paper Works said...

Hi Cathy, I love these simple still life pieces They are quiet and elegant and so glad you are enjoying being in the moment of making them! Cheers to you! -- Patti

Chloe said...

These are so lovely Cathy :)