Monday, 7 December 2015

mosaic Monday

mosaic Monday

1. Old December, 2. The Alpine Factory 3/3, 3. Lichtfänger, 4. advent calendar 2015 - day 3 and day 4, 5. Mezzi busti, 6. Untitled, 7. Dec 5/15 #stitch #japanesemaple #december #lakeontario #toronto #ontario, 8. japanese hemp paper and weavings, 9. Untitled, 10. Fog and frost this morning., 11. paysage, 12. Siglufjörður, 13. Nikolaus, 14. just out of the kiln, 15. morning light, 16. nothing cold about it, 17. slow, 18. Dream... #instantwerpen #light #window #vitrine #p3top #magesticsquares, 19. One minute #drawings #lifedrawing, 20. Untitled

Created with fd's Flickr Toys

Hello, another December Monday comes around - and a mild start to the week here. (Parts of the UK have suffered terrible weather over the past few days, with record-level rainfall and flooding - thinking of all the people affected). A little dampness and murkiness at the start of the day here, but really nothing at all to complain about. I doesn't feel like winter, but it is another one of those days that could be October, March, or December. However, my festive mood persists and this week's mosaic gives a little hint toward sparkle, a celebration of light and texture. Thanks always to the artists and photographers featured. Please do follow links, if you have a moment, and discover more.

This week is a special one - as always I can't quite believe it but here I am about to update my shop for the last time - this year. I'll be updating my shop this Wednesday at 2pm. Thanks always for taking a look and many thanks to everyone who has purchased recently, so very much appreciated. Just a reminder: I am not reserving artwork during December. 

I hope to give a little preview of new artworks tomorrow, if time allows. I really want to offer a lovely selection of special pieces, and hope you may enjoy seeing.

Beyond this week: I will be working in my sketchbooks and beginning to quietly make new work over the holidays, considering a few personal projects. I'm also giving myself some time off to spend with family. Just a day or two, but I am looking forward to it. This year has gone by so quickly as my family and I have been especially busy, working hard - it's really been a year of making progress and taking new steps for all of us.

Have a good start to your week.


2 comments:

Sonia / Cozy Memories said...

Thank you so much for including my fairy lights photo in this luminous mosaic. I'm always so very honored, my friend.
I'm proud of your & your family's hard work & progress, it's never easy ! Well done you all !!
Have a great last shop update & enjoy your time off !!
xoxo

Cathy Cullis said...

Thanks always Sonia xx