Monday, 4 January 2016

mosaic Monday

mosaic Monday

1. Obsessed, 2. work in progress, 3. forty-nine ghosts of twenty-fifteen, 4. concrete poetry 1/5, 5. Untitled, 6. At home #draweveryday  #home #portrait, 7. moving trees, 8. vintage watercolors, 9. Il faut être léger comme l'oiseau et non comme la plume" Paul Valéry . Série noir, 10. Waterlogue #dailywalk, 11. back at the butcher's, 12. thread storm, 13. untitled, 14. beauty in decay / adiantum capillus-veneris, 15. Making a bed, 16. 💕😴 #ceramicartist #ceramics #porcelain #sleepingdoll #doll #porcelaindoll #myling #toydesign #arttoy #hemligdolls, 17. Un po' così, 18. Untitled, 19. ©js_JSA_7175bw, 20. Untitled

Created with fd's Flickr Toys


Hello, a happy new year to you! Many thanks to the artists and photographers featured in this first mosaic of 2016. I hope to continue on with a weekly (just about) choice of inspiring images - sparks to get you thinking perhaps....

This week I'm aiming for a small shop update + small sale - in my shop. So do take a look on Wednesday at 2pm.

Over the festive season I worked in my winter sketchbooks. You may have seen a few pages in previous posts. I have no huge 'fanfare' plans for this year - at least not yet! I can tell you that I am enjoying new monoprint drawings, working with collage, thinking about painting (that will come) - and stitch. I do hope to offer more stitch/text pieces this year. This may be a quiet 'easing into' the year - but I have many ideas - and am looking forward to seeing a book published in October.

Tomorrow I hope to share with you some of my newest drawings and more. Over the coming months you may see new ideas evolving.... January is an opportunity to begin again and yet start where you are. I know some artists like to give themselves 'one a day' challenges and I have done so in the past, but that's not for me at the moment. Instead I am going to go with the flow - with a keen eye on mark-making and interesting phrases....

I hope you may enjoy seeing all that I may share in 2016.

No comments: