Monday, 18 January 2016

mosaic Monday

mosaic Monday

1. night morphing, 2. Some imagined future, 3. ., 4. Stratificazioni- ©EmilioNanni-2016 #EMILIONANNI, 5. beauty @modernbotanics, 6. will be a container for a figure, 7. mustard dye, 8. corvi che ballano n.1 - dancing crows n.1, 9. DSC_0002 (2), 10. racing home, 11. little book pages (riffing with/learning from nature), 12. Drawing in Chefchaouen, Morocco., 13. Untitled, 14. Untitled, 15. 44 (the book of a), 16. untitled, 17. drawing at lunch, 18. Colored by the Moon, 19. 1986Junep08, 20. 3 January 2016

Created with fd's Flickr Toys

Hello, a happy Monday to you - a chilly start to the week here. Feeling a little wintry now: we had a tiny bit of snow appear Sunday morning, but it did not last for long. Many thanks to all the artists and photographers featured in this week's mosaic. Please follow links to see images larger. It's always a pleasure to make collections and find links with images posted over at Flickr.

This week: I've just shared a new stitch/text work over at my blog nevering. This piece is called 'winter maladies + winter cures' and you can see and read it here. The piece will be in my shop on Wednesday. (It may be the last stitch/text work for a little while, as I am busy with other writing projects).

I'm currently working on drawing and painting - and have spent some hours recently working in sketchbooks. As you may know from reading here, sketchbooks are a main part of what I do, they are both puzzling-out spaces and works in their own right. As a writer, I am of course obsessed with books but there is something particularly satisfying in expressing things on pages without the use of words....

The book form is something I return to often and so it feels right to me to be putting together ideas in 'artist book' form. So perhaps I may have some new books to offer for sale in the near future (if not this week then perhaps soon).

I'm continuing on with monoprint drawings and paintings too. Still life forms are still very much my 'thing' - though figures creep in now and then, and some times I feel myself moving more toward abstraction.

So I hope to have a small, interesting selection of work for you to see in my shop on Wednesday. If time allows I will share some pictures here tomorrow. There should be a sketchbook-focused post here some time soon too!

Have a good start to your week.

No comments: