Tuesday, 5 January 2016

new work

work in progress

work in progress

I am showing you just a small glance today - at the new work that is happening..... Here you can see examples of new monoprint drawings. What may look 'simple' is actually a tricky process of getting ink consistency and dryness just so, achieving a certain quality of line, a feel of space and texture, little quirks of smudges - all of these things obsess me. I use a needle to draw and so am drawing almost 'blind'. I'll write a little more about my process when time allows.


seated figure

seated figure

a small work - postcard size


Meanwhile I shared a new stitch/text piece over at my blog nevering - 'thread the needle again'

2 comments:

Sonia / Cozy Memories said...

I'm such a sucker for your botanical monoprints & paintings & drawings ! I love them all ! xoxo

Velma Bolyard said...

good work!