Tuesday, 26 January 2016

new work

portrait brooch

portrait brooch - embroidery

Last week I offered my first selection of portrait embroidery pieces - and am happy to be continuing on with offering a modest choice of stitches most weeks..... Stitched using my sewing machine as a drawing tool, these intricate and miniature works fascinate me as they come to life. They are worked in an improvised way, meaning I am never sure who I may meet as the stitches appear....

Meanwhile, paintings.... I'm exploring both still life and abstract ideas, and there's of course a lot of cross-pollination. Certainly my fascination for botanical shapes will always be in my work somewhere, in stitch motif or abstracted shape in paint....

black vessel with botanical shapes

black vessel with botanical shapes

untitled

untitled

These works - and others - will be in my shop tomorrow (2pm UK time).


3 comments:

Blue Eyed Night Owl said...

That brooch is stunning! And your method sounds wonderful:) I always like when a creative project kind of seems to have a mind of its own as you work on it.

Velma Bolyard said...

the black vessel is particularly fine.

Les bijoux sonores said...

Wonderful colors !