Monday, 15 February 2016

mosaic Monday

mosaic Monday

1. IMG_20160211_160649, 2. Illuminated Manuscript Workshop, 3. 3 Februari 2016, 4. Untitled, 5. Man on the wall #Artisthouse #toymaker #arttoy, 6. a fondness for the measure of moments, 7. 1844, 8. back at the butcher's, 9. ., 10. Untitled, 11. atlantis, 12. Untitled, 13. st. ives mixed media collage, 14. Untitled, 15. Untitled, 16. sat eve3, 17. Untitled, 18. 💔 #luzonbleedingheart, 19. 20x23.5, 20. Sicilian Torso, 21. Mrs. Emma May Denny McLain in her closet, 22. sketchbook, 23. img317, 24. Drypoint 2 and 1. Note to self don't use washi tape on lovely Somerset paper again 😕 #printmaking #drypoint, 25. Drypoint 2, detail #printmaking #drypoint #marylouiseevans #daffs

Created with fd's Flickr Toys


Good morning, another Monday, a new mosaic of inspiring images - thanks always to all the featured artists and photographers. I'm writing this early in the morning for a change and it's only just light and frosty outside. We are having a few cold days. This has been an otherwise mild winter - but I am looking forward to spring so very much. It's that time when you just need it to arrive: the warmer sun and the longer days are almost here, I tell myself.

My stitching has kept me busy lately and I am enjoying the process very much - I am grateful for the interest and kind comments I receive regarding my embroidery works. The embroidery is special to me because I taught myself and have worked hard at it for a number of years. I feel I am stitching my own world and yet am discovering new things all the time. Thank you to Anne Kelly for featuring my work in an article here. Anne's commentary on her superb and lively work is worth a read.

This week I'll be continuing with ongoing ideas in stitch and on paper. I've been working on a small series of gouache works - some quite larger than I usually might work - and I'll most likely be adding them to my shop not this week but next. (I need to get appropriate packaging and so on). Gouache is a medium I enjoy working in very much but the process for me is very improvised and I can make a few that I like and then hit a wall. That is why I return to gouache just once in a while and then it feels fresh and lively, and I look forward to sharing recent work. You might have seen a few photos over at Instagram or Flickr. I'll share here too, next week.

Monoprint drawing continues to fascinate me - my only limitation is that I tend to use an awful lot of good quality paper in the process (to achieve the effect I want often takes several attempts). Paper can be recycled, of course, but does cost and my budget is always a tight one. Nevertheless, I have ideas and I want to share them with you - and I feel I have more to say.

Shop update will be as usual on Wednesday at 2pm (UK time) - expect to see a new selection of embroidery and more.

So a busy week ahead. I'll hope to find time to share new work with you tomorrow. Have a good start to your week.

1 comment:

mimi k said...

Thanks for including my photo in your mosaic. It is beautiful as always!