Wednesday, 3 February 2016

new work - folding books

spring light

spring light

rococo

rococo

giddy weather

giddy weather

A new series of folding books - here are the first three (they will be in my shop today). Working with acrylics on lovely Fabriano paper (200gsm), these simple, small-scale folding artworks are sisters to my sketchbooks. I work with a clear mind, no fixed idea on what may emerge..... Marks are made to create a sense of energy - a flow, so that the book, though divided by folds, is also complete as a composition. They are designed to be displayed either standing on a shelf, or framed flat. Though the sizes vary slightly, each book takes roughly the same amount of time to create. I'll be offering them at a modest price of £20 each.

Also in my shop today - there will be a further selection of embroidery brooches, a few new paintings and monoprint drawings. I hope you may enjoy taking a look - updating at about 2pm (UK time)



on a fine day

on a fine day - embroidery brooch

1 comment:

Jess said...

The embroidery brooch is so beautiful! I love those colours together, perfect! xx