Monday, 25 April 2016

mosaic Monday

mosaic Monday

1. flickr.com/photos/77259254@N05/26540121122/, 2. Pascal, 3. Untitled, 4. Flying, 5. Art journal, 6. From my window, detail., 7. blossom, 8. Untitled, 9. mujer con caballo y niño, 10. roses, 11. history painting/at mum's 80's wedding, 12. peony study 1, 13. soot scarf, 14. Untitled, 15. Stripey., 16. moths, 17. Seltsame kleine Frau / Strange little woman, 18. 2014 - préparation de tête - #art #illu #illustrator #illustration #drawing #sketch #sketchbook #pencil #work, 19. Mrs. Morrison Anderson WWI, 20. Untitled

Created with fd's Flickr Toys

Hello again, and another mosaic to share with you this Monday. Thanks always to the featured artists and photographers. It's a chilly start to the week here - come on spring warmth, come on! Any glimpse of sun is most welcome these days. I'm getting impatient and must instead enjoy each subtle change that comes our way. There are many birds visiting our small garden: robins, wood pigeons, blackbirds, gangs of sparrows, blue tits, sparrows. I can remember a time when sparrows were almost a rare species. It's good to see a variety of wildlife.....

Today has been mostly stitching, realising I am (yet again) in need of more thread, more stitching and photographing. I am making new embroidery works for my shop and also for an upcoming event. I'll be one of a group of artists showing work in an open studio event during May weekends - in Brighton. I'll share more details soon. I do need to add an 'events and exhibitions' page to  my blog as I have quite a few things happening or lined up for this year! And it's good to be busy and invited to participate in events near and far.....

So this week I have a new selection of gouache paintings-sketches and also new embroidery brooches. I'll be updating my shop at the usual time of 2pm on Wednesday.

Tomorrow I'll share a post and write more regarding my newest work. Hope you are having a good start to your week.

No comments: