Tuesday, 5 April 2016

new work

just a look at some of the new works coming to my shop tomorrow...... I have been challenging myself to reconsider colour and so here are just a few of the playful paintings that have come about

two yellow figures

two figures in yellow - gouache and acrylics on Fabriano paper -
there's an energy to this painting that I am particularly happy with - perhaps going out for a long walk and coming home and painting is a good thing, as that is how this one came about. The figures are abstracted and within a landscape

interior with figures - yellow

interior with figures (yellow) - acrylics and gouache on linen -
the figures here are yet more abstracted yet recognisable - they are within and part of an interior with tones ranging from orange-yellow to pale pink, greys helping to structure and give a sense of space....


and of course my embroidery portraits allow me to pay attention to colour - but with a different approach to portraying figures, with a considered character, on a small scale......

woman and child with leaf motif


one of a selection of new embroidery portraits - here I have used a subtle palette of spring tones.....

thanks always


2 comments:

Kaija said...

A new colour scheme is always an adventure! Beautiful work, as usual :)

Velma Bolyard said...

this new selection of work is lovely