Monday, 16 May 2016

mosaic Monday

mosaic Monday

1. cyanotype May 2016, 2. Bluebell Walk, 3. 7/5, 2016, 4. Dear Bosie, 5. interwoven, 6. ., 7. sketchbook, 8. Southport, 9. Toronto, 10. washing line, 11. #wip #embroidery #embroideryart #bordado #broderie #contemporaryembroidery, 12. a heart shaped world, 13. 14-5, 14. . le  tablier neuf ., 15. pile of books, 16. naturally dyed drent wool, 17. Earlydays Hipster, 18. une pluie de printemps, 19. ©js_DSC_65923, 20. collage970, 21. two figures in a mirror - light study, 22. blue flower, 23. through the studio window, 24. venus, 25. Laundry III

Created with fd's Flickr Toys

Hello and a sunny Monday to you - it is a rather beautiful May day here and I hope you are also enjoying a fine start to the week. Thanks as always to my Flickr contacts featured in the mosaic. Do follow links etc....

This weekend I spent some time painting and working on new works on paper. Tomorrow I'll share with you some of this new work including a look at a new series of 'folk figures'. I've been painting today and tomorrow I expect to be revving up the sewing machine. Most of the time I plan my week out quite carefully, juggling work and family life as I do. However, if inspiration comes along in something I will shift my plans. I do like to keep myself on my toes, always challenging myself to make the very best I can.

So this morning I decided to wind up our vintage mantle clock and it's just chimed the quarter hour - and I just about jumped out of my skin, again. But I do like to hear the ticking and chiming. It's not something we have going all the time though, I let the clock wind down and forget about it for a while. Such is the pattern of things.... I like to think that hearing an old clock links me to the timeless past....

Have a good Monday and more tomorrow.... Updating my shop this week on Wednesday (2pm uk time).


No comments: