Sunday, 8 May 2016

sketchbooks

a look at recent sketchbooks - -

My sketchbooks are not only about working out ideas, considering colour, texture and so on - they are the artworks I get to keep for myself. As a working artist I sell as much of my work as I can, but my sketchbooks are those things I allow myself to hoard. Many ideas in my sketchbooks never evolve further but they are more than play spaces. There will be times when I will layer and work and work at pages until I am happy with them. Often my pages become or are abstract in appearance and it really is about process, colour and layers - I enjoy working in an abstract way but I understand I am perhaps best known for my more figure-orientated work, so my sketchbooks allow me to explore my abstract ideas freely.

I am continuing to post photos of sketchbooks over at my tumblr account: http://paintinthemargins.tumblr.com/  - you are welcome to look and follow me there if you so wish....

sketchbook

sketchbook

sketchbook

sketchbook


2 comments:

Stefanie Seltner said...

I love it to have a look in your skecthbooks, thanks for sharing!
x Stefanie

The Itsy Bitsy Spill said...

Love these magical pages