Thursday, 14 July 2016

new work - please take a seat

woman reading by a window

woman reading by a window

salad leaves

salad leaves

repose

repose


Most recently I have been drawing and painting seated figures - it's interesting to see how many ways this may be explored. I'm only just touching on a few ideas, of course. Some of my favourite historical paintings are of seated figures (Vanessa Bell's portrait of Virginia Woolf in an orange armchair, for example). I'm finding colour is something I am enjoying very much but at the same time I like to balance my 'colour work' with the understated, expressive black lines of my monoprint drawings.....

I'm working on a selection of new work to be featured in my shop on Wednesday 27th. I prefer to add a selection at a time, so that I can put together a collection for people to consider. So I do not reserve artworks before an update. (I really do appreciate the interest but prefer to add all the work and give anyone interested an open chance). Thanks always.

No comments: