Tuesday, 16 August 2016

new work

a few sunflowers

a few sunflowers


three women

three women


Showing here just two of the selection of paintings I have ready to add to my shop tomorrow afternoon. These works are both acrylics on paper (my preferred Fabriano paper 300gsm). Working on paper allows me to add quite subtle layers, playing with texture and tone. My work is very much about exploring shape and working with three, four colours only, discovering new ideas as I work. Much of how I work is about improvising, going with what I am seeing rather than being too rigid. I'd rather not battle with the painting but instead allow the painting to lead me. This takes some confidence, or bravado, and I'm always learning....

Shop update tomorrow, 2pm UK time. Hope you may enjoy seeing all the new works.

No comments: