Sunday, 25 September 2016

evening knitter

evening knitter

evening knitter

a smaller gouache work on Fabriano paper (12cm x 9cm)

I have been working on quite a varied selection of new smaller paintings. Some are on their way to a gallery show that begins mid October (I'll post details here nearer the date). Other works will be added to my shop. Each small painting is treated as an individual with its own story. I like the challenge of painting on a smaller scale, without being so miniature that I strain my eyes.

Tomorrow I'll be picking up some framed smaller paintings - and hope to get photographs taken to show you how they look when framed with deep mounts. There are many and various framing options, as I've mentioned previously. I know several people are slowly but surely collecting smaller works (many thanks) and again this gives the collector a great opportunity to make connections or see contrasts between paintings.


No comments: