Thursday, 1 September 2016

new work - and September plans

figures in interior (yellow armchair)

'figures in interior (yellow armchair)'

acrylics on Fabriano paper


a quartet of smaller gouache works

a quartet of smaller gouache artworks


figure seated on chair

'figure seated on a chair' - monoprint drawing


A look at just some of the new artworks I have been busy with.... I am updating my shop next Wednesday with quite a variety of works and I hope you will enjoy taking a look at the final selection. I am pleased with how my painting has evolved in recent months, and how I have gone further with my explorations in colour and abstracting the figure. Thank you always for your interest.

I've spent the past several months quite focused on painting and feel now, with the beginning of a new month here, it is time to change focus for a while.... So, I will continue on with painting but will also be working on new drawings and will also be exploring some new sculptural works, including a new series of chairs. It will take me a while to have the new sculptural pieces in full production, but hope to share some glimpses with you as I progress.

Looking forward to a very interesting September! Hoping we have plenty of sunny, golden days so that I may take especially good photographs of the new work.

2 comments:

Hastypearl said...

I've said it before...Love how you constantly expand, morph, explore! My eyes say..." Thank you"! Laura

Cathy Cullis said...

Thank you Laura! nice to hear from you