Monday, 3 October 2016

mosaic Monday

mosaic Monday

1. 5 September 2016, 2. img011, 3. upload, 4. Curtain #beautifuldecay #lessismore #abstractphotography..., 5. WB, 6. Untitled, 7. Untitled, 8. Untitled, 9. Light shapes, 10. childhood, 11. Untitled, 12. Untitled, 13. Estas senhoras teriam inspirado o Rubens | Rubens ladies  . . #plantinmoretusmuseum #plantinmoretus #rsa_ladies #oldtimes #museum #openingday #thisisantwerp #instantwerpen #seemycity, 14. ├ôleo sobre lienzo, 41 x 33 cm., 15. Untitled, 16. childhood, 17. flowers3, 18. 25.09.2016, 19. turquoise and rust - circles, 20. Untitled, 21. Sketchbooks., 22. Untitled, 23. silo, 24. [cat on window], 25. Rams - printmaking class - monoprint

Created with fd's Flickr Toys


Hello October - thanks to all the featured artists and photographers in this week's mosaic. It's been a bright, chilly, rather splendid autumn Monday here in the south of England....

My apologies for not blogging over the weekend - as I try to do at least most weeks - but I did have a busy one. I spent time painting, as well as visiting a local market - and it was my sister's birthday yesterday. Today would have been my grandfather's birthday. My grandfather enjoyed creative woodworking in his retirement from an engineering career. His sheer determination to teach himself skills and get better at them - I hope that's something I continue to learn from. I remember asking my Grandad to make me a paper-making frame, and he went ahead and made me a beautifully varnished oak frame with mesh, just as I had described - though he was completely baffled by my interest in making paper! And although I spent many hours making paper, and enjoying the process very much, I no longer make paper these days. But I know how, and I have learned from that creative experimenting.

These days I have less time for trying out new crafts (to be honest what is there I have not tried: candlemaking?). I am enjoying my painting and drawing very much. This morning I sent work to an online gallery and they will soon have a selection of my work available. More details coming soon. I will be continuing to sell via my shop too, of course. The next update is this week, Wednesday, at the usual time of 2pm.

Have a good start to your week - a new work post coming tomorrow......

No comments: