Monday, 14 November 2016

mosaic Monday

mosaic Monday

1. loosing colors, 2. Untitled, 3. #grafica #dashavigorioussova #selfportrait #autoritratto #duemilasedici #happyday #капюшон #счастливыйдень, 4. clay exercices with open structure, 5. warning bell, 6. Untitled, 7. #wip #embroideryart #embroidery #bordado #broderie, 8. Dungeness, 9. concrete forest, 10. real1, 11. 6 November 2016, 12. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, 13. PA726 Perrito. Acrylic on board 25 x 25 cm Neil Bolton Fine Art Painter, 14. Revisiting older work,  and sometimes reworking them,  because of packing the studio.  A valuable exercise on many levels.   #watercolor #art #painting #flowers #illustration #etsy #instaart, 15. Nandina domestica: 白南天, 16. unface, 17. This tangle. #silhouetted #kenrokuen #japanesegarden..., 18. Dungeness, 19. aqua dingen, 20. HWW happy window wednesday, 21. Untitled, 22. Le scale blu, 23. Cheetah graphite, 24. 8-11, 25. The next morning. I need to pick up my heart.   #acrylic #art #kitchen #interior #breakfast #instaart #ineedtopickupmyheart #aquietbreakfast

Created with fd's Flickr Toys


Hello, a new week - a new mosaic..... thanks always to my Flickr contacts for their wonderful imagery. Please follow links to discover more. Well, it's a bit of a dull, overcast, chilly sort of a day today.

 November weather really. I should not be surprised, but I've struggled to take photographs of new work today - and when a moment of light comes I dash outside with my camera. I try, as much as possible, to take photographs in natural light and will stand outside in the cold when necessary, so long as it is dry of course. I never take a good light day for granted. A very sunny day can be just as tricky! Oh, one can really never have it quite right, all of the time....

Apart from taking photographs, I have started the week by painting and writing notes to myself with suggestions for new work to come. At the moment I am working on an eclectic mix of new artwork, and am embracing new ideas as they come, seeing connections in colours and mood, and shape.

I am making work for my own shop and for other places. It is a busy time but I am enjoying the process of painting and moving from one an idea to the other. The only thing I have to be mindful of is to take a little time out, just now and then - at least to drink a cup of tea and catch up with a newspaper, or a game of scrabble. It's the small pleasures...... I am rather busy and my head is full of paintings, so I am not reading at the moment but have promised myself to have my usual holiday reading time in December.

I've updated my shop's news page (see shop news) with a list of dates you might like to see. I have four upcoming shop updates and then will be taking a break until the new year.

So I'll be updating my shop this week on Wednesday at the usual time of 2pm. Expect to see a variety of new artwork. Tomorrow I'll share a 'new work' post.

Have a good start to your week.


No comments: