Monday, 30 January 2017

Monday

sketchbook

recent sketchbook page - oil pastels


It's a damp and rather overcast start to the week here. As we find January's end, I am looking ahead to spring. So today I've been working on spring-hopeful-inspired landscapes in both gouache and oil pastel. There are so many possibilities.... Oil pastel is something I'm coming back to after not using it for a while. In my son's room hangs an oil pastel work I made several years ago - it's been a handy reminder. So I have been exploring both landscapes and still life in oil pastel. Perhaps I may have a few new works in oil pastel available in February....

There's no shop update this week. I'm spending time working and getting engrossed in the making of. Perhaps updating every other week is the way I may do things for a while. Thanks to everyone who has purchased artwork from my recently - very much appreciated.

I hope to share more new work with you some time this week. It would be good to see a little sun and to go for a walk in the woods....

more soon....

No comments: