Monday, 2 January 2017

mosaic Monday

mosaic Monday

1. face, 2. Untitled, 3. DSC_0001 (2), 4. woman with broom, 5. Trees at The Tower., 6. Structures, 7. Should we walk, 8. "Cader Idris", 9. Second colour test proof, 10. the payback, 30/12, 2016, bonniers konsthall, 11. Happy2017, 12. watching telly, 13. Untitled, 14. Urte berri on, 15. building under tarpaulin, 16. 2016-12-31_03-44-28, 17. Happy New Year, 18. 26 December 2016, 19. 3 lovely tattooed ladies!, 20. Beware Beware, 21. Christmas drawing after Titian, 22. all my best wishes to you in 2017!, 23. flickr.com/photos/39397181@N00/31170610794/, 24. Ice & burrs: Hanson photo: thanks, Hanson, 25. ©js_DSC_3586, 26. Happy End, 27. Thanks everyone. Happy new year!, 28. 2016-12-31_10-21-51, 29. bocaux, 30. ·

Created with fd's Flickr Toys


Hello, a happy new year mosaic Monday - it's a bright start to the week here.

I've been thinking about changing the format of this blog - and taking a break from mosaic Mondays. But for now at least, I am continuing on...... After all these years I still like Flickr and I value the connections I make, so with that in mind I am still sharing a few favourites via mosaics. Thanks always to my Flickr contacts and please follow links to discover more....

Today is a bank holiday here in the UK, and it's my final day away from making work. I've been busy with other work-related things over the past few days, including planning a little, writing a bit.

Shop update - next one is on Wednesday. There will be a small selection of recent work. This is work I made just before the Christmas break. I'll be updating at the usual time of 2pm.

So this week I'll begin on making new work, with no exact ideas in mind - which yes is quite a daunting prospect. That is not to say I have no ideas! I do, I have various thoughts and lots of starting points in mind. But this year I am hoping to work yet more intuitively, to go with the flow and to see where that takes me. So whilst I have materials and some thoughts on scale and colour, I am starting again and will approach each painting or drawing with the same 'starting over' approach. I want to work with a range of media including gouache, acrylics and ink.

I'm also considering making a new small selection of stitched works, of some kind. But not at this moment.

Have a good start to your week - a post sharing new work will be here tomorrow.

No comments: