Monday, 20 February 2017

Monday

fine day or washing day

'a fine day, washing day' - gouache on Fabriano paper - (a new work, to be included in my shop update on Wednesday)

Hello - it's a mild, almost sunny, spring-like day here. So pleased to have seen sunshine in recent days. I went for a long walk through our local woodland and park last Saturday - maybe you know that kind of 'good walk' when you can feel the sun and your legs ache by the time you get home. I like that kind of walk. Walking helps me in so many ways, not just to keep fit but to clear my head and get a better perspective - discovering things along the way, things that might lead to new paintings.

So today I began by painting - and will be drawing this afternoon, perhaps working in my sketchbooks. I'm having to pace myself especially as I have an ongoing neck problem, which means I really do need to take a break regularly. At least this means I have to get up and move around and do some neck exercises. It's too easy to get lost in a painting....

I'll be updating my shop this week - Wednesday at the usual time of 2pm. Updating fortnightly seems to be working out for me, I feel the two week cycle allows me just enough time to explore, create and show my work. So my only hope is that you will enjoy seeing what I have to offer.... And thank you always for your support.

I'll share more new work with you tomorrow. Have a good start to your week.

No comments: